Saturday, July 29, 2006

The last two weeks

Hi there! Sorry about the relatively low level of activity on here over the last two weeks. Wow, a very busy couple of weeks (work-wise and social-wise I suppose). So I thought I would fill you all in on what we've been up to...

1. Sailing

We went sailing two weeks ago on NY harbor on a yacht (see Shearwater Sailing for details). We went on the 10pm-12am one. There would have been about 15 people on the boat, and you basically sit back and relax and a crew member keeps you happy with beer and/or wine. We got out of the marina and on to the harbor and then they turned the motor off and put the sails up and we just cruised around for a couple of hours. It is amazing how quiet it is out there. We had spectacular views back to lower Manhattan, and had an amazing close-up view of the Statue of Liberty (which is quite spectacular at any time of the day, and moreso at night). It was a wonderful thing to do (was to celebrate our 1 year here), and we will do it again (and anytime a visitor comes over - provided it isn't winter).

Unfortunately have just photos of ourselves to show - it was dark out there, so no photos of the view back to Manhattan sorry. If you look in most of them you will see either some ropes or in one of them some folded sail behind me. Just proof that we were on the boat! (Oh, and for those of you who know your sailing/boating terminology please forgive me - I'm sure that I have completely misused some terms!)






2. Movie to mention

Okay, so I'm not a film critic, and maybe not an influential "market maven" either, but here's my pick - go see Woody Allen's latest film Scoop whenever it comes out in Australia. It is really good - back to classic Allen comedy. Not dark and somewhat disturbed like Matchpoint. That said, it covers his typical themes: death, dishonesty, luck, wealth. It also has that great preposturous flavor to it that I love.

3. Catching up with some people and enjoying the summer weather

Summer in NYC is fun and we have found a great little beer garden (of sorts) called Luna Park, which is on the northern end of Union Square park (17th St between Broadway and Park Ave South). Those of you who were/are into SATC would recall an episode that featured an outdoor bar-type place and two characters missing each other because they waited on opposite sides of the place in the middle of the night. Anyway, it is fun and you can get buckets of beers for not-so-terrible prices. Lots of fun, including in the early hours of the morning.

4. Working hard

We've been working hard! Nothing particularly exciting or new to report here.

----
Okay, that's about it...for now. I'm hungry (have to go and get dinner), but wanted to post something to keep the lines of communication alive. Be in touch soon.

A.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

flash makes people look funny

12:04 AM  
Blogger andrewstephen said...

No, not flash making us look funny - that's just us haha

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well show your face, anonymous!

And for the record, I didn't pick those photos out :)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i think Fiona is looking very beautiful even WITH the flash on!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home