Monday, June 26, 2006

Check out this Op-Ed piece in the Times today

Click here

Oh, and hello there!  Not as much of a flurry of activity by me on this site at the end of its first week, that's for sure, but I have been busy :)  All is great here right now, although the weekend past had pretty ordinary dreary weather. But the good news is that next weekend, which runs into July 4th, is meant to be sunny (I clearly have nothing more to talk about than the weather...sorry!).  Andrew

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew- I am worried! WHY are you so obsessed with pidgeons- and WHY are you promoting this idiosyncrasy with the rest of the world???! Have you been sent as a missionary- trying to spread the word? Please explain!

2:07 PM  
Blogger andrewstephen said...

Dear "Anonymous",

Okay...here's the simple explanation - it was a really stupid joke that Fiona pretended to find funny, which gave me an inflated sense of my hilarity, and well, there you have it. But now I realize that I'm not so funny after all (stick to academic pursuits instead, perhaps).

(And you thought a "simple" explanation from me would be just a sentence or two... HA!)

Truth be told, I felt compelled to post something on to the blog, so I brought up the dumb bird stuff again, since it was the topic of a few pieces in the Times here last week (don't ask why). See, my blog just can't compete with the excitement of other blogs out there, and in this highly competitive blogosphere one has to figure out how to remain relevant to one's audience ;)

Okay, enough of this. No more pigeons (or doves for that matter, but of course it is redundant to say that). So no, not a missonary "spreading the word" about god-awful pigeons. I'm sure the dirty things have a purpose, but they're not my thing. Actually, birds aren't my thing. Not a bird guy.

As I said, enough of this.

A.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment is not related to this post, but rather this blog in general. Now that you have ditched msn, I think I will resume reading this one - it looks heaps better.

9:53 AM  
Blogger andrewstephen said...

Hi Simon,

Glad to hear you've come back to this blog. Not as exciting as Mr Stirzaker's fussball exploits, though! And yes, this blog looks MUCH better, very happy that I copied Callan (or as he put it, "was inspired by").

Andrew

3:31 PM  
Blogger Callan said...

Yeah, I kind of worked that out Andrew... :-)

Bring on the photos, they always keep people entertained.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home