Saturday, December 23, 2006

Trump Steaks (TM)

Hi folks,

This is a food post - has been a while since I've rambled about food! So tonight we indulged in some Trump Steaks - some absolutely equisite filet mignons that Fiona was given as a gift from one of their licensees (the steak one, funnily enough). She was given A LOT of steak - six 1/2 - 3/4 pound cuts of various types in all. We have a lot in the freezer right now :) You can check out Trump Steaks at this link. They are USDA prime, which is the best grade I think. Only the finest, of course. Yes, they do steaks. And even if you were skeptical, trust me, these things are GOLD!

For you steak lovers reading this, well it was just fantastic. Best steak I've ever had - and I cooked it! Well, I took the role of executive chef and Fiona was my trusty sous chef. We rotate these roles, don't worry. So tonight we "ate like a billionaire" (TM). Someone we know I think coined that one ;) We kept it simple - the steak (filet mignon), some cauliflower with sauteed with walnuts and parmesan, some peas, and of course some really wonderful rough-cut frites. Photos are below. We matched it with a Spanish wine, a 2002 Lacrimus rioja. It is a full-bodied red, with strong berry overtones and nice amount of tannins and a smooth finish. We've been enjoying the Spanish riojas a bit lately. The wine made for a lovely reduction with the steak's pan juices. Just a little drizzle, but worked well with the nicely seared steaks that caramelized beautifully.

So you're drooling now? Sorry :) This turned out to be our Christmas dinner I think - we've got too much shopping, cleaning the apartment, ice skating, and getting ready for our trip to Australie to entertain us for the rest of the weekend.

We then finished it off with chocolate souffle garnished with a cream stout ice-cream with chocolate from Ben and Jerry's. Very decadent.

If this is how billionaries eat then they must be very happy - and very hefty (if you know what I mean).

Enjoy the (r)equisite photos that appear below,

A.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home