And the weather outside is frightening...
Hello all! Well, it has suddenly gotten cold here in NYC, so I figured that I'd write a posting about the weather. Fascinating stuff, I know. How's the weather in Brisvain? I have a horrible suspicion that it is extremely hot and uncomfortably sticky. Fantastic! Can't wait for that :) Give me -10 degrees Celcius any day over +30 degrees C. On Friday here it got down to -10 C and that isn't taking into account the wind chill. Ouch! Yes, it was pretty cold, but surprisingly tolerable for short periods of time outdoors. Fiona for some reason decided to wear a skirt to work that day with some not-warm-enough stockings (i.e., not wool leggings) and she got a little cold. :) The things people do for fashion I guess?!
Well, I don't really have much else to say. Still working hard here - but desperately wishing that I'd be able to finish up for the year and just enjoy the NYC holiday season, shopping, lights, festive warmth and magic, etc. But alas there seems to be no rest for me yet (midday Dec 21 is my stop date/time). Pity, because the weather has actually gotten a bit more bearable this weekend - around 8 C during the day - and we've had the most beautiful, clear blue skies (NYC air isn't that polluted). So sitting inside writing papers has been kind of difficult to do at the moment.
And yes, I am writing this blog entry simply as a distraction from work. Yes, I'm procrastinating. But sadly that doesn't get the job done. So back to Microsoft Word I go...
Have fun!
A.
Well, I don't really have much else to say. Still working hard here - but desperately wishing that I'd be able to finish up for the year and just enjoy the NYC holiday season, shopping, lights, festive warmth and magic, etc. But alas there seems to be no rest for me yet (midday Dec 21 is my stop date/time). Pity, because the weather has actually gotten a bit more bearable this weekend - around 8 C during the day - and we've had the most beautiful, clear blue skies (NYC air isn't that polluted). So sitting inside writing papers has been kind of difficult to do at the moment.
And yes, I am writing this blog entry simply as a distraction from work. Yes, I'm procrastinating. But sadly that doesn't get the job done. So back to Microsoft Word I go...
Have fun!
A.

2 Comments:
Go Fiona! Fashion is pain. Though at least you get blue skies.. not looking forward to grey ol' London. Have a good time in Oz and catch up with you guys in NYC (and less stressed!) in March! Kel
London isn't that bad!! As for the weather here, it's quite warm actually. Around 10C during the day , 4C at night and 25C on the tube!
Post a Comment
<< Home