Hello!
Hi there,
Well, it is 2am on Friday and I've been up finishing off what was meant to be a VERY SHORT "idea" paper - but, as with these things they tend to have a life of their own and, well, take a lot more time. Anyway, it occurred to me that I am going through a slow-blogging period, and that I have probably lost the majority of my beloved audience. Oh well, no one will know when or where the party's at back in Bris-vegas in January then ;-) Kidding.
So before I get off to bed, I figured that I would slip in a quick posting. Still no photos - it doesn't seem like a big effort to hook the camera up and upload, but really it is right now. It is fall here now, leaves will change soon, and today was the first cold day. Nice. For those of you who like playing "what's the temperature/weather like in NYC" then the max tomorrow will be 14 degrees Celcius. Beautiful! It has been very busy here - juggling coursework plus research plus a thinly veiled attempt at having a life. Going to the opera tomorrow night to see "La Boheme," which promises to be a great night out. Then the weekend will be spent catching up on five weeks' worth of highly technical and advanced mathematics/statistics on which I will be examined on Tuesday morning. Wonderful stuff! Don't you all wish you had my exciting life! Hahaha.
Last weekend I went to Orlando, Florida for a conference, which was a lot of fun. But I must be getting old or something, because traveling for even just a few days sort of annoys me. I guess it is the disruption - you end up not getting work done and it isn't really a vacation anyway since it is traveling for the purposes of an academic conference, so you spend the whole time hearing about others' research, which understandably makes one's own research projects (and their slow progress due to "obstacles") somewhat more salient than desired. Orlando is the home of the big (no, giant) theme parks - Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, etc. The main conference "fun" event was a trip to Universal Studios with just a part of the park to ourselves (it was night time) and four high-tech, scary, dangerous-looking rides. I rode the rollercoaster three times. I'm proud of myself.
Sounds a lot like a lot of work, right? Yeah, that's the case. Fiona's enjoying things - I think she had a good time here at home while I was away last week, and got a chance to catch up on emails, etc. Work is going great for her and she's loving the life her in Manhattan's corporate world.
Well, I'm exhausted and want to go to bed. See, the sacrifices I make for all of you...! :-) Talk soon, A.
Well, it is 2am on Friday and I've been up finishing off what was meant to be a VERY SHORT "idea" paper - but, as with these things they tend to have a life of their own and, well, take a lot more time. Anyway, it occurred to me that I am going through a slow-blogging period, and that I have probably lost the majority of my beloved audience. Oh well, no one will know when or where the party's at back in Bris-vegas in January then ;-) Kidding.
So before I get off to bed, I figured that I would slip in a quick posting. Still no photos - it doesn't seem like a big effort to hook the camera up and upload, but really it is right now. It is fall here now, leaves will change soon, and today was the first cold day. Nice. For those of you who like playing "what's the temperature/weather like in NYC" then the max tomorrow will be 14 degrees Celcius. Beautiful! It has been very busy here - juggling coursework plus research plus a thinly veiled attempt at having a life. Going to the opera tomorrow night to see "La Boheme," which promises to be a great night out. Then the weekend will be spent catching up on five weeks' worth of highly technical and advanced mathematics/statistics on which I will be examined on Tuesday morning. Wonderful stuff! Don't you all wish you had my exciting life! Hahaha.
Last weekend I went to Orlando, Florida for a conference, which was a lot of fun. But I must be getting old or something, because traveling for even just a few days sort of annoys me. I guess it is the disruption - you end up not getting work done and it isn't really a vacation anyway since it is traveling for the purposes of an academic conference, so you spend the whole time hearing about others' research, which understandably makes one's own research projects (and their slow progress due to "obstacles") somewhat more salient than desired. Orlando is the home of the big (no, giant) theme parks - Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, etc. The main conference "fun" event was a trip to Universal Studios with just a part of the park to ourselves (it was night time) and four high-tech, scary, dangerous-looking rides. I rode the rollercoaster three times. I'm proud of myself.
Sounds a lot like a lot of work, right? Yeah, that's the case. Fiona's enjoying things - I think she had a good time here at home while I was away last week, and got a chance to catch up on emails, etc. Work is going great for her and she's loving the life her in Manhattan's corporate world.
Well, I'm exhausted and want to go to bed. See, the sacrifices I make for all of you...! :-) Talk soon, A.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home